Monday, April 29, 2013
01:30 PM - 04:45 PM
This workshop covers the proven technique of Data and Process Blueprinting and the insight that can be delivered quickly through better understanding business complexity.
It describes a shorter focused technique to identify and address specific business problems by blending techniques from the IM, BPM and EA disciplines and tailoring them to the needs of an organisation.
This workshop describes the Data and Process Blueprinting technique for understanding complex business problems for Business and IT professionals who:
- Want to understand the concept of blueprinting and the value it can provide.
- Are looking for modelling and discovery techniques that can help rationalise complex business problems within a relative short time-scale.
- Are aiming to better understand a scope of work and impact of potential change.
- Wish to simplify business processes
- Seek to understand the critical areas to focus on regarding data, processes and systems
- A proven, simple and intuitive approach.
- Focused on developing essential models to drive business change.
- A Time-boxed approach that ensures insight is gained rapidly.
- Blends techniques taken from Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Management and Information Management.
- Helps answer the questions:
- What Information is essential to perform our work?
- What information is provided or consumed by our systems?
- What systems do we rely on to support our business?
- Case studies from a Global Pharmaceutical Organisation and other examples will be shown illustrating the successful outcomes achieved through the technique of Blueprinting.
Chris has spent over 30 years in the Information management field, working for leading organisations in Data Governance, Information Management Strategy, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
Studying Chemical Engineering at University & later he obtained his MBA. Mr. Bradley’s post academic career started for the UK Ministry of Defence where he worked on several major Naval Database systems and on the development of the ICL Data Dictionary System (DDS). His career included Volvo as lead data base architect, Thorn EMI as Head of Data Management, Readers Digest Inc as European CIO, and Coopers and Lybrand where in the Management Consultancy he established and ran the International Data Management specialist practice. During this time he worked upon and led many major international assignments including data management strategies, data warehouse implementations and establishment of data governance structures and the largest Data Management strategy undertaken in Europe.
Mr. Bradley set up the Business Consultancy practice at IPL specialising in IM, BPM and EA. Chris has been working for several years with many clients including a Global energy company, a Norwegian Exploration Company, a Global Pharmaceuticals company & major Financial services organisations. He has introduced Information Architecture Frameworks, developed Data Governance, established Data Modelling as a Service, and developed group-wide Information Management strategies to ensure that common business practices and use of master data and models are promoted throughout. Frequently he is engaged to evangelise the Information Management message to Executive management worldwide, develop governance and new business processes for Information Management and deliver training.
Alec Sharp has managed his consulting and education business, Clariteq Systems Consulting Ltd., for close to 30 years. Serving clients from Ireland to India, and Washington to Wellington, Alec’s expertise includes facilitation, business analysis, business process improvement, and, of course, data management. In addition to his consulting practice, he conducts top-rated workshops and conference presentations on these topics globally. Alec is the author of “Workflow Modeling, second edition” (Artech House, 2008) which is widely used as a consulting guide and university text, and is a best-seller in the field.