Tuesday, April 30, 2013
03:20 PM - 04:10 PM
In the world of rapid development and increased need to meet deadlines, logical data models seem to pushed aside. This can result in missed requirements, misinterpretation of expectations and lack of business documentation. This presentation emphasizes the benefits and importance of business blueprint.
- What is a Logical Data Model (LDM)?
- What are some of the benefits of having an LDM?
- When should a logical data modeler be involved?
- What are the inputs for Integrating the business information?
- What are the inputs for Model Creation?
Missy Wittmann is an Enterprise Data Strategist at American Family Insurance. Missy has worked in data management for over 15 years in various roles. She started out as a business partner on a project that participated in data modeling efforts and enjoyed the process so much that she changed career paths. Missy is the President of the Wisconsin DAMA Chapter as well as the VP-Chapter Services for DAMA International.